The health and safety of our TDE dancers, families and staff is our highest priority. We are constantly reviewing the CDC recommendations and Nebraska Directed Health Measures as we shape
our policies for the 2020-2021 season. These policies and precautions may change as required by state or local regulations. The following precautions will be in place:
- TDE Teachers and Staff will be verbally screened at the beginning of each shift for any signs/symptoms of illness. Temperatures will also be taken.
- TDE Teachers and Staff will wear masks in common areas and in class.
- TDE Teachers will limit any physical contact with dancers and between students.
- Lobby activity may be limited. Masks are required in the lobby by those 5 years and older.
- Bathrooms & high touch points in the lobby will be cleaned and sanitized every two hours
- The drinking fountain will be unavailable.
- All touch points within the dance rooms will be sanitized prior to the next class entering.
- Studio floors will be sanitized each day.
- Upon entering the dance room dancers will be provided hand sanitizer.
- Upon dismissal teachers will escort children to the doors and provide hand sanitizer to students when exiting.
- TDE will restrict the number of students allowed in each studio at one time.
- Each studio will have areas taped off on the floor for dancers to maintain social distancing. There will be limited partner work.
- Acro mats will be disinfected following every use.
- Parents must conduct their own health assessment of their dancer prior to arriving at TDE. This includes taking temperature and assessing for Covid-19 symptoms. Dancers may not enter the facility
if they are exhibiting any symptoms or have been exposed to a known positive case of Covid-19. The CDC lists the following as possible symptoms of Covid-19 – fever or chills, cough, shortness of
breath, fatigue, body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea. Dancers exhibiting any of these symptoms will not be allowed in the
classroom and asked to take class via Zoom.